St Ives Rugby Club has a very proud history dating back over 60 years and the Hassall Park clubhouse has been a labour of love for many over this time. St Ives Rugby Club manages the clubhouse as part of a shared licence agreement for rugby in the winter and cricket in the summer.
It all began in April 1956 when “a motley team of 12 year olds trooped onto the field to inaugurate the Saints tradition”. At this time, St Ives was still a largely rural community made up of market gardens and orchards. Since then, an extraordinary number of players, volunteers and supporters have worn the club colours with pride.